Preferences gone from main menu?

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 7 13:37:19 UTC 2005

> It was more of a usability thing, so I reported it to bugzilla so others
> could follow it if they wanted.
> I find System Settings confusing under Desktop.

I like the settings being separate from the rest of the menu.
They are not the same thing as "Applications" and should be kept
separate. They even have a different menu name pattern. In fact, it
seems to me that "System Tools" should  probably go in the same place.

True, maybe the title "Desktop" isn't very appropriate, but it seems
useful to separate apps from things that configure your computer
for running other apps.

=========

Speaking of the menu, is there any progress on making
the menu names consistent - Name/GenericName?

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University