"Permission denied" on nvidia.ko built against recent rawhide kernels

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 09:16:02 UTC 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 12:31 AM, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> It is not a more general problem - the issue is incorrect
> permissions in the livna.org package. I filed the bugzilla
> some time ago, and it should be fixed in the rpm, but
> no updated srpm was released (despite the request for one).
> Hopefully there will be an updated srpm with the upcoming 7147
> package.

Thanks for the pointer! I can confirm that the following fixed the issue for me:
- chmod 755 /lib/modules/2.6.11-1.1233_FC4smp/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia/
- depmod -a

After that, I am able to start X using the nvidia drivers with no problems.

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/ __