Any place to get FC4T2 a little early?

Chuck R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Apr 11 03:32:00 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 10:57:36PM -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Chuck R. Anderson wrote:
> >There is a respin done everyday.  It is called rawhide, and on good
> >days you can install it from scratch.
>
> That doesn't test the installer case very well.  Most people do not
> do anaconda installs of random rawhide builds.

Why not?  I do anaconda installs of random rawhide builds all the time
by booting the files in isolinux/ using grub.  The only bit that
doesn't get tested is the actual ISO generation.  If most people don't
know this can be done, perhaps it should be publicized more.

> I think Robert's suggestion is completely rational.

I don't see the need for a full iso set to be generated that often.
Test releases are just "stable" points in the rawhide tree that happen
about once a month.  I think this is often enough for full iso sets.