FC4T2: no sound on Intel motherboard sound (snd-intel8x0)

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 22:12:55 UTC 2005

Mostly the install went fine -- the DVD iso failed mediacheck, but I
decided to ignore that and it seems to have gone fine.

However, when I ran the soundcard test in firstboot, no sound came
from the internal speakers. It seems to have thought that something
was playing, but I didn't hear anything. Same thing if I do
system-config-soundcard. I have tried un-muting everything I could
think of in alsamixer, but no dice.

Anyone else seen this with Intel motherboard sound? It worked fine in
test 1 and through all the rawhide updates ...

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/ __
"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,