Hard drive install fails on x86_64

Simon Lanzmich WormLineFiles at gmx.de
Tue Apr 12 18:07:26 UTC 2005

Hi,
I just downloaded the x86_64 DVD iso, burned the boot.iso on a CDRW
(since I don't want to use/waste a whole DVD) and booted the disc to
perform a hard drive install.

When I select the drive and the directory where the ISO is located and
click OK, the installer crashes and I get some errors containing a
buffer overflow warning and something about /sbin/loader (I will take a
closer look at it or take a photo, if you want) and finally a message
that I can safely reboot my PC.
Besides, if I select the wrong drive/disc, I get an error message that
seems to be as it should, which makes me think that the problem is
something about loading the iso. However, correct my if I'm wrong.

What do you think?

Simon