Kickstart ate my windoze partition maybe?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Apr 12 22:34:18 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I hate to break up all of the arguments about grub vs lilo but I have a
different question/problem. I have a dell 2650 laptop that I had XP and
FC3 installed on. I took the partition table from the anaconda-ks.cfg file
and dropped it into the ks-cfg file I used to install today's rawhide. The
thing installed fine but it wiped the XP partition. Can someone take a look
at the following snippett and tell me if this is my mistake or a bug in
anaconda/kickstart?

clearpart --linux --drives=hda
part /boot --fstype "ext3" --size=100 --ondisk=hda
part pv.3 --size=0 --grow --ondisk=hda
volgroup VolGroup00 pv.3
logvol /home --fstype ext3 --name=LogVol05 --vgname=VolGroup00 --size=5088
logvol /tmp --fstype ext3 --name=LogVol04 --vgname=VolGroup00 --size=512
logvol /var --fstype ext3 --name=LogVol03 --vgname=VolGroup00 --size=1024
logvol / --fstype ext3 --name=LogVol00 --vgname=VolGroup00 --size=1024
logvol /usr/local --fstype ext3 --name=LogVol02 --vgname=VolGroup00 --size=224
logvol swap --fstype swap --name=LogVol06 --vgname=VolGroup00 --size=1024
logvol /usr --fstype ext3 --name=LogVol01 --vgname=VolGroup00 --size=5024

If it is a bug I will be glad to file it in bugzilla. I just want to be sure
this is not operator error. Actually since this info was generated by anaconda
during the install of FC3, if it is wrong I guess it is still a bug. XP was
installed b4 I installed FC3. All was fine until I did the kickstart install
this afternoon.

If someone has any ideas what went wrong here I am willing to do it again
even if I trash the install again. There is nothing on the machine I care
about. It just means yet another windoze reinstall. I guess I could ghost
the thing to save time but.....

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com