FC4t2 no good without LILO

Al Kroeger owaugly at xmission.com
Tue Apr 12 23:12:54 UTC 2005

Brian Gaynor wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 18:38 -0400, Graydon wrote:
>

>>and leaving aside that it's tremendously bad, *bad*, *BAD* practice to
>>boot from the RAID array in the first blessed place on any sort of
>>production system,
>>

>Not sure I understand why this would be the case. It would seem that
>if /boot is not on the RAID array you would be vulnerable to a single
>point of failure (i.e. the drive containing /boot).

Good grief!  We shouldn't have to wade through 50-60 heated exchanges
just to try to get to something that pertains to us.  You start your
thread, you get a response.  If you don't agree with it, take it OFF
LINE and duke it out there.  It's like listening to a bunch of high
school or college preppies pissin and moanin.  Take it outside, fellas!
Stop filling up my in-box with your sophomoric squabbling.
owa