Anaconda or Grub write a wrong grub.conf for my windows partition

Cimmo cimmo at libero.it
Wed Apr 13 11:04:22 UTC 2005

Guy Fraser ha scritto:

>It's not a bug, he's using the wrong equipment, because we all know
>that all the bugs in GRUB are duplicates that don't affect any of
>the developers, so the people experiencing them are just doing
>something wrong.
>
>Error XXXX obviously means you were messing with a perfectly good
>setup and should have left it alone, as is plainly noted by the
>message and documentation.

I haven't understood. In my particular case what I haven't done in your
opinion?
I think that a lot of people that want to try linux for the first time
and try to do a multiboot without knowing anything about how it works
wants that FC recognizes and automatically makes a dual boot that works
and not that they have to read all grub's documentation, FAQ and whatever.

I fixed in 1 minute because I know what to do...but another person?

bye
Cimmo