FC4t2 no good without LILO

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Apr 13 16:28:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 09:09 -0600, Guy Fraser wrote:
> If the drive is on the controller and configured, and it
> works properly as a drive, there should be no reason you
> should not be allowed to boot from the drive if BIOS will
> allow you to boot from that drive.
>
> How do you know for sure what RAID is on his motherboard?
>
> Compaq used to ship Proliants with there SmartArray 2 controller
> on board which is a Dual Port LVD SCSI Array Controller, far
> from winraid.

Because AFAIK there is no winraid onboard SCSI chips.  Now with SATA I
can almost guarentee 99.9% of the onboard 'RAID' is winraid.

Also his statement of "cheap efficiency I use the simple RAID that the
motherboard has onboard, which is precisely the thing that grub has the
most trouble with"

Sounds like onboard winraid to me...

Was I helpful?  Let others know: