FC4t2 no good without LILO

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Apr 13 17:18:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 18:38 +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> You haven't seen adaptec scsi host raid then :)

OH wait, I stand corrected.  I keep disregarding that when I see it as
we keep replacing it with a real RAID solution.  My bad.  This is the
same host-raid we're seeing on some SATA stuff now, adaptec host-raid
sata.  woof.

> >   Now with SATA I
> > can almost guarentee 99.9% of the onboard 'RAID' is winraid.
> >

> fwiw dmraid is in progress of supporting this stuff; the lilo / grub /
> anaconda integration isn't entirely trivial though ...
> (and that has nothing to do with grub vs lilo)

I've been hearing about this, and it still kind of scares me (:  But of
course, thats FC5 or FC6 targets.  Hopefully by then lilo will be good
and gone and only 1/2 the work will need to be done.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: