menu icons missing

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 19:21:37 UTC 2005

On 4/13/05, Jon Savage <jonathansavage at gmail.com> wrote:
> system tools--> Missing Icons forBonobo component manager, KwikDisk,
> Logical Volume Management & NmapFE

just checked logical volume management.. seems its a permission error
on the icon file
ls -la /usr/share/system-config-lvm/pixmaps/lv_icon.png
-rw-r-----  1 root root 953 Apr  6 12:25
/usr/share/system-config-lvm/pixmaps/lv_icon.png

I found this out by trying to create a launcher on the panel for the
menu entry.. and i got an error message. As soon as i did
chmod a+r /usr/share/system-config-lvm/pixmaps/lv_icon.png
and restarted the gnome-panel.. i got the icon back. I'll get a chance
to file this later tonite. That one seems like a minor package
specific bug to me.

nmapfe has an icon for me.. so I don't know what to tell you about that.

bonobo-component-manager has no icon defined in its associated .desktop file
/usr/share/applications/bonobo-browser.desktop
Potentially filable.. if there is an icon image that should be used...
i don't know if there is.

There might be a systematic problem associated with the .desktop files
for the Kde stuff..but i dont have any of that installed on my rawhide
box right now to compare.

-jef"just turns off icons in his menus, to avoid any future problem"spaleta