FC4t2 no good without LILO

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Wed Apr 13 23:18:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-13-04 at 14:44 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 11:06 -0600, Guy Fraser wrote:
> > The tards are not going to listen.
>
> And I've tuned out already...
>
> It's not exactly a great example of statesmanship referring to someone
> who you want a positive response from as a retard.
>
> It's also not very pleasant to talk about those in the unfortunate
> position of have intellectual delays as retards, but I get the feeling
> you already know this and this is why you refer to them as tards, hoping
> that this shortening of the word might in some way make mocking their
> circumstances appropraite.
>
> I can put up with all sorts of comments, ideas or language on lists, but
> I have very little patience for people who discriminate against others
> on the basis of a disability and for people use someones disability as
> context with which to insult others.
>

> Rodd
The term tard as commonly referred to does NOT specify :
"those in the unfortunate position of have intellectual delays as
retards"

The term tard is used to describe someone with full faculties
that chooses not to use any of them for any useful purpose.

I hope this alleviates any anxiety or hostility the term invokes
in those that aren't familiar with it. It is not just a shortening
of the defamatory word used to classify someone who may appear to
be intellectually challenged in one form or another. I personally
would also take offence to someone using the term retard to describe
a person with apparent limitations, whether real or misconstrued.

I do believe in using the term tard to classify people who have
chosen to disregard there wonderful abilities for the purpose of
causing themselves or others grief for their enjoyment.

Sincerely
Guy Fraser