FC4t2 no good without LILO

Mike Bird mgb-fedora at yosemite.net
Thu Apr 14 03:24:33 UTC 2005

Hey Peter,

I'm sitting here trying to test Grub with RAID1 on a system that boots
with Lilo.  I could use one of the many procedures that people have
devised to work around the wonderful limitations of Grub but I thought
you had added something new and wonderful.

I tried to read the fine manuals but there's nothing there:

$ grep -l -r -i raid /usr/share/doc/grub-0.95/
$ grep -l -r -i raid /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/grub-0.95/docs/
$ grep -l -i raid /.../test/3.91/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en
$ grub --help | grep -i raid
$ grub-install --help | grep -i raid

Where is the wonderful new procedure documented?  Should we figure it
out from the wonderful source code?

--Mike "I'll tell you my hd0 if you tell me your hd0" Bird