FC4t2 no good without LILO

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Apr 14 22:37:49 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 15:57 -0600, Guy Fraser wrote:
> That may be true where you come from, but we are a little more
> conservative here, and don't like to pick on vulnerable people.
>
> Since the people being referred to, are the only ones capable
> of making the changes and seem to believe they are Omnipotent
> beings, you would not believe such a group would be considered
> vulnerable.
>
> What term would you prefer that I use since the one I used
> must mean something else where you are?

How about we skip the name calling all together?  It accomplishes
nothing other than making all of us feel sorry for your need to make
yourself feel better by putting down those around you.

> Maybe it's a dialect thing, but just because a word sounds
> similar to a derogatory term, does not mean it is related.
> For instance : In North America the cover over a cars
> engine is a hood, in the UK it is a bonnet. In North
> America a ruffian is also called a hood, but in the UK
> they are not referred to as a bonnet. If you know anybody
> in Australia ask them what a root is, I'll give you a hint
> it is not part of a tree.

Maybe it is a dialect thing.  Which is why calling people by anything
but their name is generally a bad idea.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: