Marvell PCI Express GB LAN Support (ASUS P5GD2)

RaXeT maxer1 at xmission.com
Sat Apr 16 05:01:33 UTC 2005

Jeff Sheltren wrote:

>Hi, I'm trying to install FC4 devel on a system with an ASUS P5GD2
>motherboard.  It has an on-board gig LAN card which they state is the:
>"Marvell 88E8053 PCI Express Gigabit LAN controller" which goes undetected
>in the install.
>
>>From what I gather here:
>https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-February/msg03974.html
>This is a SysKonnect chipset and should be using the sk98lin driver.  After
>chance of getting this chipset supported in FC4?
>
>Thanks,
>Jeff

Actually no. You see SysKonnect has been very poor about updating their
driver to
work. You will always have to compile the patch into the kernel before
it will work.

Currently the last Fedora Core kernel that will work is
2.6.11-1.1185_FC4. I have
reported back to SysKonnect on the post 2.6.11-1.1185 issues and they
are working
on yet another compatible patch.

RaXeT