updatedb disabled?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 20:25:15 UTC 2005

On 4/16/05, Miloslav Trmac <mitr at volny.cz> wrote:
> I don't think so, but maybe somebody other can find a way.

I was thinking firstboot because slocate is just one of several legacy
unix indexers.
And if slocate is going to be turned off by default.. then other
things like makewhatis should probably go quiet as well. Instead of
admins of new installs having to turn each and every one of this older
facilities back on, it would be a convient compromise if they were
lumped together as "legacy unix facilities" in firstboot.  Moving
forward as other older facilities like these 2 are identified they
could be included into the same one checkbox in firstboot, so you can
enable all of them or leave them all disabled.

-jef