fc4t2 - grub install on mbr - choose which hdd

John Austin ja at jaa.org.uk
Sat Apr 16 20:36:39 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 13:52 +0200, Cimmo wrote:
> Sorry what is confused? My info?
> Anyway I have exactly your situation (1 SATA and 1 PATA) and I have
> succesfully installed Grub like I have explained.
>
> Bye
> Cimmo
>
> John Austin ha scritto:
>
> >Yes but the info is confusing and I found that it did
> >not seem to change when you did the swap.
> >I still think selecting No Boot Loader
> >and sorting out booting after the install has finished
> >using grub (not grub-install), in linux rescue mode,
> >is currently the safest option if you really want to know
> >what is going where.
> >John

Hi Cimmo
Sorry for the confusion.
I meant that the Anaconda info is not that clear.
I played with the buttons in the advanced boot configuration but was
never convinced I understood what it was going to do !!

I'm sure in the vast majority of cases there are no problems
but I was installing to external USB disk which is only
very recently being detected on a normal install (non expert)
I was being extra careful!!!!
Doing it by hand later is not a problem
Cheers
John