Invoking Godwin's Law

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Wed Apr 20 03:59:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 19:24 -0600, Nethaniel St. Donovan wrote:

[snip]

> So this would imply Paul has "lost" the rant and also in poor form?
>
> PARAPHRASED from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law:
> " In addition, whoever points out that Godwin's law applies to the thread is
> also considered to have "lost" the battle, as it is considered poor form to
> invoke the law explicitly. "

  Heh.  Depends on what my purposes were.  Of course, if you didn't
catch it from the context within which I posted it, it was most
definitely done in jest with full knowledge that it would have no
effect.
  Then again, since it has now degenerated from LILO vs. GRUB into
GODWIN's vs. QUIRK's, it seems that, yes, my invocation of Godwin's Law
did, indeed have an effect: this thread now has zero useful content,
which was my goal in short circuiting the process towards Godwin's Law
occurring naturally.

  QED.

;-)

/me wonders out loud if he can convince Red Hat to develop a patch to
mailman to automatically invoke Godwin's Law and avoid the Quirk's Law
effect for FC4.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator