Fedora Core 4 test2 Install Hangs

Klaus Kruger kkruger at tecs-company.com
Thu Apr 21 00:21:15 UTC 2005

Hello,

I can't seem to find anything relevant to the issue I'm having,

We have an Intel STL2 motherboard that hangs soon after booting from an
install cd ( boot.iso ). I also get the same result when booting with
pxelinux, so I know it's not the cd.

The last couple of lines displayed on the screen are:

isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
isapnp: no Plug & Play device found
but don't know if the issue lies here or with whatever comes next.

Fedora Core 3 has been successfully installed on this machine and runs
fine.  There's 2 - 36 GB scsi drives installed on one channel to boot
from and a 3ware 9500s card installed for raid 5 with the rom option
disabled for this slot.

Has anyone run into this issue, any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Klaus