rawhide report: 20050420 changes

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Apr 21 02:16:43 UTC 2005

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 21:33 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>>

>>> Same  problem noted here. I also observed that these errors
>>> referenced kernel versions that I no longer have on this system. The
>>> error seems to be related to kernel-devel because the errors included
>>> an uninstalled kernel, however the devel packages ae never removed.

rpm -q --verify kernel-devel shows the below output for the remaining rpms.

  rpm -q --verify kernel-devel
..?.....    /usr/src/kernels/2.6.11-1.1240_FC4-i686/include/config/MARKER
..?.....    /usr/src/kernels/2.6.11-1.1251_FC4-i686/include/config/MARKER

Also, to be more correct about the system lockup resulting from vmware,
it seems to compile modules correctly, then gives feedback that the
script needs run to use vmware. Running the script the second time
freezes up the system.

I'll probably remove the kernel-devel altogether when only the running
kernel is installed or download the latest and rpm --replacefiles
--replacpkgs to see if third party modules are affected by the scheme.

Jim