VGA Modes for ATI with Widescreen laptop (was Re: Fedora Core 4 test3 freeze warning)

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Apr 21 02:20:42 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 21:46 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> vga=1 will put you into 50 line mode. vga=791 is a 1024x768 svga display.

Sorry for barging in on this thread, but I understand that there are
some options for vga modes (or fb modes) specifically for ati cards.

Could someone point me to documentation on this and tell me whether
they've had any success with setting this up.

I've got a Dell laptop with a wide screen display and would love to run
the resolution a little higher on the console (and also use the extra
width if possible (instead of stretching the output))

R.