gdm not finding Default.xml

Caerie Houchins cdhouch at pobox.com
Tue Apr 26 13:47:31 UTC 2005

After today's yum update following my reboot I was greeted with an blue
background and an error message stating that the file at
/usr/share/gdm/themes/Default/Default.xml could not be opened.  Clicking
ok here brought me to the gdm login screen with the large flower in the
lower right corner.  The username box had three periods in it, and I was
unable to type anything in that box.

I checked in the /usr/share/gdm/themes directory and sure enough there
was no Default/ .   As a temporary fix I went ahead and made a symbolic
link from Bluecurve/ to Default/, then linked Bluecurve.xml to
Default.xml.  init 5'ing again and sure enough everything came up just
like normal.

Anyone else experience this after today's updates?

Caerie