evolution crashes during upgrade?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Apr 29 01:29:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 21:13 +0200, nodata wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 14:52 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 18:22 +0200, nodata wrote:
> > > Is anyone else seeing crashes during or after a yum upgrade,
> > > particularly in evolution and in epiphany?
> >
> > Any more information on these crashes?
> >

> > > (Luckily epiphany retains state..)
> > >

> None, other than it happens on two separate machines. Typically I am
> using both evolution and epiphany during the upgrade. Epiphany tends to
> crash three times, evolution once.
>
> I don't seem to have an .xsession-errors log any more, so I can't look
> there. I have evolution-debuginfo installed, so will get the backtrace
> next time it happens.

Hmmm, don't know about epiphany, but I wonder whether the evolution
crashes aren't related to updates to spamassassin.  I've noticed that
updating spamassassin often leaves evolution in a 'state' and that a
restart is often required.

I usually close evolution if spamassassin is being updated (using yum)

Rodd