up2date wedges

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Fri Apr 29 02:55:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 18:41 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:
> I reinstalled FC4T2 from scratch and immediately did an
> up2date on up2date.
>
> Now when I run up2date it never gets past the
> "solving RPM inter dependencies" stage.

You're not alone. I'm seeing the same problem in a VMware bubble. If it
weren't for good ol' rpm I'd be hundreds of updates behind by now. The
known limitations of Development notwithstanding, neither yum nor
up2date are working correctly yet in FC4.

--
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 3 kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 on a P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p