rawhide report: 20050809 changes

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 18:19:06 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 06:41:13PM +0200, Sylvain Rouillard wrote:
 > Le Mardi 9 Août 2005 13:33, Build System a écrit :
 > > kernel-2.6.12-1.1464_FC5
 > > ------------------------
 > > * Mon Aug 08 2005 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
 > > - Disable building of sk98lin driver. (Use sk98 instead).
 >

 > That killed my eth0, which did not get initialized at startup with an ugly red
 > FAILURE saying my eth0 initialization was delayed due to the lack of sk98lin
 > device (or something along those lines, didn't really find it in the dmesg).
 >
 > Is it worth a bugzilla?

Nope. Change your /etc/modprobe.conf to load skge instead of sk98lin
(the changelog entry has a typo).  Upgrades should 'just work'
as the PCI IDs for that device are in the 'modinfo skge' output,
so things should be rewritten correctly the first time kudzu runs
after a reinstall/upgrade.  I hope.

		Dave