Yet again: several missing update announcements

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 04:14:13 UTC 2005

Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> writes:
> On Monday 15 August 2005 13:19, Bernd Bartmann wrote:
>> Here is the list of all missing announcement for FC3 and FC4:
>>
>> FC4:
>> released 2005-08-12:
>> audit-1.0.2-3.FC4

> I got a note saying that it was awaiting moderator approval. Never saw the
> message hit the list and I am subscribed to the announce list. Maybe the same
> thing happen to the others?

FWIW, the same thing happened to my announcement of the last test mysql
release, right after we switched over to the new-and-improved fedora
update process.  I then subscribed to that list (yeah, I know, I
should've been before) and I think the message for the non-test release
went out all right.

I suspect the moderator address for the list is going into a bit bucket
--- if there is anyone at the switch, they've been asleep for awhile.

Also, why isn't there an escape hatch for messages generated from the
automatic fedora update process?  Seems like we could fix things to
approve those whether or not the originating engineer is subscribed.

			regards, tom lane