libcairo and libpixman

glenn gsimpson at mountaincable.net
Thu Aug 18 15:54:40 UTC 2005

Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 11:25:21AM -0400, glenn wrote:
>
>>When can we expect libcairo.so.1 and libpxman.so.1 to become available.
>>The updates seem to be useless without those 2 libraries.
>

> Those libraries are going away, not arriving.  The dependency breakage
> you're seeing in Raw Hide is in packages which depend on libcairo.so.1
> which need to be rebuilt with the libcairo.so.2 from the newer cairo
> packages.
>
> At any rate, today's Raw Hide Report suggests that everything in Core
> which needed a rebuild has been rebuilt, and repoquery confirms it.
>
> HTH,
>
> Nalin

Tnxs for the comments.  I must be missing some step.  It appears that I
have to delete many of the gnome, etc pkgs for get rid of the dependency
on "so.1" of the library OR I need an FC5-T1 distro, to start with those
obsolete pkgs not installed.

I suspect if I go back to my reference FC4 development distro (pre FC4
release), and do all the updates, I think I will arrive where I am now.

Does this mean I have to butcher all those pkgs that have a dependency
on "so.1" of those libraries?

Glenn