relationship between Haldaemon and autofs daemon in FC

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Fri Aug 19 03:59:15 UTC 2005

I've been studying Haldaemon and how it loads cdroms that users insert.
   I *guessed* that haldaemon would duplicate/replace the job done by
autofs and so I removed autofs.  But then cds that get inserted don't
mount themselves anymore.  Does that happen on your systems too?  Why?
Aren't those daemons doing the same job?

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504