Click links in Evolution and other gnome apps

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 21:17:48 UTC 2005

On 8/21/05, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au> wrote:
> You're looking at the preferences in Firefox, I'm looking at the
> prefernces for GNOME (and how it handles launchers)
>
> While it's nice to no that Firefox can modify this behavior, I still
> think work needs to be done here.

gnome can only ask firefox to do something that firefox knows how to do.
I don't think there is any mechanism by which gnome can tell firefox
"open up in a tab only if the firefox window is in the current
workspace else open a new window in this workspace."
This is something for firefox upstream to mull over to expose as a
cmdline option.  Or failing that, is there a clever way to hack a
wrapper script around the call to firefox which can know whether its
appropriate to open a new window or not?

-jef