Evolution address book permissions

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 20:18:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

I keep getting an error when trying to access my addressbooks. Evolution
keeps coming up with

"We were unable to open this addressbook. Please check that the
path /home/paul/.evolution/addressbook/local/Personal exists and that
you have permission to access it"

I've checked the permissions and ownership and they're fine; the path
certainly exists.

Any ideas what is causing this? It has only happened very recently (like
since doing todays updates from rawhide and then resetting the machine
to load the new kernel).

kernel 2.6.12-1.1509_FC5, evolution 2.3.8-1

TTFN

Paul
--
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the
best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always