yum update doesn't do anyting

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Wed Aug 31 18:44:48 UTC 2005

I have an FC4 system on which I've installed some rpms from fedora-test.
  I turned on the nightly update yum but it never does anything. I left
the mirror-style repos settings in there, the only change I made in the
/etc/yum.repos/* files was to change enabled to 1.  I administer 4
machines that are all about the same hardware and OS, and on one or two
of them, the updates will be found & installed, but not the others.
There are no errors in /var/log/*.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504