Nuisance antispam requests

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Dec 1 22:04:13 UTC 2005

Tom Lane wrote:
> Kimmo Koivisto <kimmo.koivisto at surfeu.fi> writes:
>
>>Jesse Keating kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika torstai, 1. joulukuuta 2005
>>21:05):
>>
>>>Problem is that the UOL anti-spam responder doesn't include any part of
>>>the original email.  Just uses the subject line.
>

>>What if list admin would make script that sends mail to every user with unique
>>subject that contains username?
>

> After looking over one of the problem mails very carefully, I have to
> agree, that's the only way.  (For an "anti spam" effort, this is pretty
> amusing actually: it's mail that requests you to click on a supplied
> link without providing *any* evidence that this has anything to do with
> you.  I'd ordinarily consider such a message as either spam or a
> trojan horse/phishing attempt.)

Those messages come from a variety of addresses at that domain. We had
problems with Peter Whalley there a while ago. Those in charge of their
mail servers might like to block the emails: I use this in postfix:
/^From:.*AntiSpam.*uol.com.br/ REJECT Fix your mail service

In the past, I've found RH list maintainers unresponsive, but you could
try them.

--

Cheers
John