Moving to x64

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 12:28:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm going to take the plunge next year and get a 64 bit mobo and
processor :-)

Currently, I have my drives set like this

/dev/hda1 - /boot
/dev/hda2 - /usr, /var and other such stuff
/dev/hda3 - swap
/dev/hdb1 - /home
/dev/hdb2 - /MP3
/dev/hdc to f - optical drives
/dev/hdg1 - /Programming
/dev/hdg2 - /web
/dev/hdh1 - /backup

Which means as long as I backup fstab and disconnect the other HDs, I
should be okay just to format /dev/hda. Can someone confirm this and are
there any gotchas I need to be aware of?

I'll be using FC5t1 and using rawhide with it.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Religion is the opiate of the masses" - Karl Marx
"Mmmmmm, mass opiates...." - Homer Simpson