FC3 openldap-2.2.29 breaks DB

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Tue Dec 6 20:11:23 UTC 2005

The FC3 upgrade for openldap makes it unable to run with my current
database:

[root at hal packages]# slapd -d2
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.2.29 (Oct 14 2005 15:19:57) $
        root at dolly.build.redhat.com:/usr/src/build/623925-x86_64/BUILD/openldap-2.2.29/openldap-2.2.29/build-servers/servers/slapd
bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB database
bdb(dc=udp,dc=eurotux,dc=com): Program version 4.3 doesn't match
environment version
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database
environment version mismatch (-30974)
backend_startup: bi_db_open failed! (-30974)
bdb(dc=udp,dc=eurotux,dc=com): DB_ENV->lock_id_free interface
requires an environment configured for the locking subsystem
bdb(dc=udp,dc=eurotux,dc=com): txn_checkpoint interface requires
an environment configured for the transaction subsystem
bdb_db_destroy: txn_checkpoint failed: Invalid argument (22)
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

I resolved the situation by downgrading.

Was this expected? The update email mensioned backups (the upgrade was
automated, I'd never expected a minor upgrade to break the DB), but not
that it would be compulsory.

If it was, or if it was likely, couldn't next updates do a backup on
pre-un and a restore on post?

Regards
--
lfr