Kernel 2.6.14-1.1719 to 2.6.14-1.1740

Matt Carter matt.carter85 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 11:56:12 UTC 2005

Hi Guy

Currently I have one working kernel on my system 2.6.14-1.1715, on the
other Kernels I get Udev freeze. I added a "set -x" and "echo $1" to
my rc.sysinit to see what was causing the hang. I got this:

+echo floppy
floppy
modprobe floppy

This is when it hangs, my laptop has no floppy or floppy controller.
So i "#" out modprobe floppy from the rc.sysinit script and it got a
little further, but then it froze on:

+echo echi-hcd
ehci+hcd
+modprobe ehci-hcd

Any one else having problems like this? I have been reporting it on
bugzilla (174270) wondered if anyone else had any luck fixing the
issue?

Btw the laptop is a Pentium M, Intel 915 Chipset (Sony S Series
Laptop). Is there anything else I could try?

Matt