yum stopped at selinux

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 7 21:57:12 UTC 2005

>   Updating  : selinux-policy-targeted      #####################
> [137/591]
> Attempting to install base module '/usr/share/selinux/targeted/base.pp':
> Ok: return value of 0.
> Committing changes:
> libsepol.sepol_genbools_array: boolean allow_postgresql_use_pam no
> longer in policy
> libsepol.sepol_genbools_array: boolean allow_write_xshm no longer in
> policy
> :
> :

This is a non-fatal error.
> :
>
> If I try to run "yum update" now it stops and lists lots of missing
> dependencies.

Can you explain what you mean by "stops" - does it crash? freeze in the
middle of the update
(and how long did you wait for it)? stop before the update due to
unresolved dependencies
(sounds like the last one). If so, what are the dependencies?

Also, is this in enforcing mode? If so, are there denials in the audit log.