recent experience with suspend & restore on laptops

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Sun Dec 11 17:12:19 UTC 2005

Can any laptop users confirm that suspend to RAM (or disk) works, and
that the system can be restarted?  Is it true that this is a priority in
FC5 development?

For me, suspend & resume quit working with the kernel 2.6.13 & 2.6.14. I
can suspend fine, but upon resume, the video never wakes up. Keyboard
still works. There are plenty of posts about it in bugzilla.kernel.org
and there are some hints that the problem can be fixed.

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn AT ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504