call for testing, dmraid in rawhide

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu Dec 15 18:31:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 16:44 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
> Peter Jones wrote:
>
> > So far, just boxes I've tried myself.
>
> Will createrepo do a reasonable job of converting my existing
> /var/cache/yum tree into a format that can be burnt to DVD, or served by
> http from another machine? That would save me many hours worth of
> re-downloading ...

I'm not entirely sure what you've got to do to go from just a package
tree to an installable tree right now, since all that has changed so
much recently.  One thing that should pretty much always work is copying
those files to another directory and using rsync to build a tree from
one of the mirrors.  That'll save you from having to redownload packages
that haven't changed since you last downloaded them.

--
  Peter