Package updating

Don Springall don_springall at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:49:36 UTC 2005

I would still like a reply from redhat. Is there a way to formulate a broken
deps list that is complete ? If not then maybe someone should revisit this
dependency hell we have descended into. I fail to see how this is any better
than the .dll hell some unnamed OS suffers from.

I think we would be better off if rpm selected a particular object such as
libgcj.so.6 rather than require it. Then have the program fail with an
appropriate message at run time if that object is not found.