On the broken dependency list

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Dec 17 02:22:16 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 20:12 -0600, Benjamin Youngdahl wrote:
> I would venture the opinion that anything which eases the testing process
> for the users who volunteer to test rawhide will only help the project in
> the long run.  Of course, the simple fact that the code itself may be broken
> makes the whole testing process not for the faint of heart.

I don't disagree.  We do need to make testing as easy as possible to get
more folks looking at it and reporting actual problems with the
software, not problems getting to the software.  I really do think
though that this is a perfect opportunity for a community member to
throw a piece of code together to accomplish this task.

As for signing packages, I do believe they are signed.

4Suite-1.0-9.b1.i386.rpm:
    Header V3 DSA signature: OK, key ID 30c9ecf8
    Header SHA1 digest: OK (c0ec735eced46931fc12e25bc96894beca6cba39)
    MD5 digest: OK (6637a7c0ff8162f4e6c6ca730bd11acf)
    V3 DSA signature: OK, key ID 30c9ecf8

Was I helpful?  Let others know: