2.6.15rc kernel packages for FC4.

William John Murray w.j.murray at rl.ac.uk
Sat Dec 17 10:06:57 UTC 2005

> On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 01:53:28PM +0000, Mike Cohler wrote:
>
>  > Once 2.6.15 final is released and an FC4 package is prepared I presume
>  > that this will provide native SATA drive support?
>
> I assume you mean SATA ATAPI support ? If so, yes.
>
>  > In that case does anyone know if the smarttools package with SATA
>  > support will be available via either "-d sata",
>  > or via the "-d ata" (libata) library ?
>
> SMART over SATA is still not working I believe.
>
> 		Dave

  Hello there. was hoping this would mean I could enable DMA support
on the DVD, but no luck with 2.6.14-1.1768_FC4 or  2.6.14-1.1767_FC4.
 I have
options ide hdc=noprobe
options libata atapi_enabled=1
in /etc/modprobe.conf
and have re-made the initrd as thinkwiki suggest, but the drive remains
as /dev/hdc (I THINK it should move, am I correct?) and no DMA

   Any ideas please?
     Thanks,
   Bill