2.6.15rc kernel packages for FC4.

Fabio Comolli fabio.comolli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 14:48:47 UTC 2005

Well, my report was not very accurate :-(

On 12/17/05, Fabio Comolli <fabio.comolli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave.
> Booting this kernel prevents X to start on my laptop.
>
> It looks that /sys/class/input does not contain all the entries needed
> (the laptop is an ancient HP Omnibook equipped with a synaptics touchpad).

/sys/class/input is OK, the problem is in /dev/input.

With  my 2.6.15-rc5 with evdev  compiled as module  /dev/input looks like:

[fcomolli at tycho ~]$ ls -l /dev/input/
total 0
crw-rw----  1 root root 13, 64 Dec 17  2005 event0
crw-rw----  1 root root 13, 65 Dec 17  2005 event1
crw-rw----  1 root root 13, 63 Dec 17  2005 mice

with 2.6.14-1.1768_FC4 there is only the "mice" entry (and this is what
pointed my to evdev).

BTW, there is another minor problem: kernel 2.6.14-1.1768_FC4 boots in
verbose mode even with the "quiet" boot option set.

Regards,
Fabio

I I normally use a custom 2.6.15-rc5 kernel, with evdev compiled as module.