Kernels installing, but not showing up

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 21:15:22 UTC 2005

On 12/17/05, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Now, the odd thing is that when I was trying to fix things via RIPLinux,
> if I looked in /mnt/linux/boot then, I could see
> vmlinuz-2.6.14-1.1767_FC5. Does anyone know why that should be
> happening?

Are you getting failed scriplet errors when doing package
install/updates... watch the yum output scroll..this will not be
recorded in the yum.log. Scriplet failures are commonly traced to
selinux problems. The grub entries are created as part of the kernel
postinstall scriptlet and if the scriptlet doesnt run.. grub doesnt
get updated.

-jef