rpm -qaV |grep missing

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 22 04:58:26 UTC 2005

Herbert Rutledge wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 23:31 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
>

>>I then decided to run 'rpm -qaV |grep missing and am getting a slew of
>>packages with missing elements. A lot of the packages are
>>system-config-* packages with errors for file.pyc errors. docbook
>>packages also seem to have a lot of missing components.
>>
>>Is this a problem seen on anyone elses system?
>

> I've seen the same thing here.
>

> -train

Thanks for verifying. The system-config-* packages verify OK when I
delete the database ebntry, then reinstall with yum. Both the
docbook-simple and slides create a file with the extention of .cat which
shows up on a verify of the two packages.

Mozilla still complains about missing chrome packages after db entry
removal, replace files and packages and after erasing and installing
again mozilla.

Thanks,
Jim