AW: Re: ext3 Filessyten in FC5-Test incompatible with other FC or RHEL versions

Darwin H. Webb thethirddoorontheleft at verizon.net
Thu Dec 22 18:44:36 UTC 2005

Dr. Günter Schmidt wrote:
> Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>
>> that sounds nasty; maybe fedora should turn off MLS for now until
>> there's a better compatibility?
>>

>>> I have read already bug #174618, but they assume a kernel patch for
>>> FC4. But as I want to use Centos4 and don't believe RedHat will corporate
>>> such a patch into their Kernels.
>>>

>> well if you use CentOS4 the question is "will CentOS put it into their
>> kernel" not "will Red Hat"....
>>

> No Centos does only recompile the redhat src.rpm's:
>     If not in RHEL4 => not in Centos4

Every year I see the xmas season bank robber news clips and shake my head.

Facts about bank robbers.

   1.

      They get away with very little money.

   2.

      They always get caught. (so few don't they become the experts in
      bank robbing and write books.)

   3.

      They are not very smart.

My mainframe is on the video screen,

it's nineteen sixty seven,

It's the prettiest computer I've every seen,

my big blue water cool died and when to heavvvv' IN

Don't know why it had to go,

the extended attributes came like an April snow,

Security gave it just six months,

The Unix boys when out to lunch

If only I had read the news,

then maybe I would have had a hunch,

There been a change in the wind,

file systems can never be shared aaaaaagaaaa' IN

My mainframe is on the video screen,

it's nineteen sixty seven,

It's the prettiest computer I've every seen,

my big blue water cool died and when to heavvvv' IN

nun na Knock Knock

nun na Knock Knock

nun na Knock Knock

nun na Knock Knock