Fluendo announces free MP3 audio decoding for GNU/Linux and Unix

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Dec 23 14:49:56 UTC 2005

Hi

> Yep, only I bought the ipod back when they first came out before there
> were any good free format players, if I could buy another one now, I
> would, but I'm not  one to waste money ;)
>
> Guess I'll give this a shot again, last time I installed it, the
> support for other formats wasn't the best.
>
> http://ipodlinux.org/Main_Page

Its a matter of building up critical mass. From the business perspective
its merely a question of customer demand. If enough of their potential
customers choose to use a competition's product because it supported a
royalty free format and let them know that, then will introduce support
for that format in a future revision. It might be as simple as modifying
and providing a new firmware update. The initial adopters would face
some inconveniences of course.

--
Rahul

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/