installation attempt rawhide 2005-12-23 - failed

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Dec 23 20:29:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 03:26:03PM -0500, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
 > I attempted to do a clean install of today's rawhide (2005-12-23) and it
 > fails after /sbin/loader with a kernel Oops!
 >
 > The traceback mentions selinux, but I couldn't capture all the details.

Please do, and file in bugzilla.
(Unless it has..
EIP is at con_set_trans_new+0x2b/0x48
with a trace that looks like..
 vt_ioctl
 unmap_page_range
 selinux_file_ioctl
 vt_ioctl

as that one got filed earlier.

 > Since when has there been a three minute countdown in oopses?

Since about two weeks ago. It now gives people time to scribble
stuff down/take a photo before the interesting bits scroll off the screen.

		Dave