2.6.15rc kernel packages for FC4.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Dec 25 11:29:06 UTC 2005

Daniel Roesen wrote:

>On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 05:24:52PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>It is a pain. However the current development tree as well as FC5 test 1
>>has support for software suspend.
>>

>Thanks, but /if/ I'm going down the "special kernel" route, it will be
>an uptodate FC4 kernel with suspend2 applied. From all I read about this
>topic, I won't go down the in-kernel suspend path.

Well thats your choice. The in-kernel path is whats going to tested and
integrated in Fedora unless the suspend2 patches get into the upstream
kernel. If you want a solution that works out of the box in Fedora for
now it makes better sense to test out the current integration in the
development and test releases of Fedora Core 5 and make sure it works
well for your systems or send feedback through bugzilla otherwise.

-- Rahul

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/