generating zope.conf (zope 2.9) patch

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Mon Dec 26 18:22:09 UTC 2005

> > I edited Zope/skel/etc/zope.conf.in
> > And generated the patch as folllow.
> > $ diff -Naur Zope/skel/etc/zope.conf.in.original
> You are in a wrong directory judging from what you write later.
> > Patch #0 (zope-2.9.0-config.patch):
> > + patch -p1 -b --suffix .config -s
> If you have this '-p1' then you should start in BUILD/ when creating
> patch.

Ok. Thank you.

> > %setup -q -n Zope-%{version} #-a 10
> So your top directory is not called 'Zope'.

Erm... The sources unpack into a directory called
Zope-2.9-xxx
Then there is a subdir in it, called "Zope".

> > %patch0 -p1 -b .config
> Possibly '-p0' above instead of '-p1', which means "skip one level
> of directories", will be good enough although patches to be used
> with '-p1' better document how they were really generated (which
> may be useful in the future).

I'll try and report.

Plese would you reply on the list? so that more people can discuss :-)
I already set the Reply-To address, if the Mailing List manager does not
overwrite it, just replying will be OK.

--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.