rawhide report: 20051228 changes

Andy Burns fedora-test at adslpipe.co.uk
Sat Dec 31 00:26:12 UTC 2005

Dave Jones wrote:

> ok, worst case, you can wait for the scripts to autogenerate an image
> for tomorrows rahide :-)

I extracted using

rpm2cpio kernel-2.6.14-1.1805_FC5.i686.rpm | cpio -id

then moved the vmlinuz file into tftpboot and PXE booted, got as far as
the blue language selection screen, so the spinlock-taint patch looks
like the culprit, I *didn't* make a new initrd.img so modules didn't
load (bit surprised I couldn't see errors about version mismatch
anywhere) but using PS/2 keyboard instead of USB I could switch VTs and
get as far as selecting a http install before it realised it hadn't got
a NIC.

All bodes well for tomorrow's rawhide ;-)